By the end of this unit, students will understand the concept of careers and life skills, why finding a career path you enjoy is important, how to ensure that you are making money and doing good, and how organizations, businesses and individuals are working to help protect the future of the worlds biodiversity. For the final task in this unit, students will explore career paths they are passionate about and develop a resume, job shadow, or come up with a business plan for their career idea.
It is recommended that students form groups and select the theme media that they are most interested in. They will be using the same theme media/groups throughout the unit. It’s important that students understand that group work and collaboration is important and to learn the skills and patience in working with those you would not normally work with.
For the student side of Nature Labs, please have them visit the Student Portal for Careers.
Careers: Making Money and Doing Good
- Careers Lesson One: Brainstorming
- Careers Lesson Two: Analyzing
- Careers Lesson Three: Applying Context
- Careers Lesson Four: Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Careers Lesson Five: Critiquing
- Careers Lesson Six: Plan Creation
- Careers Lesson Seven: Identifying Bias
- Careers Lesson Eight: Interview
- Careers Lesson Nine: Networking
- Careers Lesson Ten: Failure & Refining
- Careers Lesson Eleven: This Unit & Your Future
- Careers Lesson Twelve: Career Fair