By the end of this unit, students will understand the concept of biodiversity, why it’s important, how to ensure that biodiversity health is maintained, and how organizations, businesses and individuals are working to help protect the future of the worlds biodiversity. For the final task in this unit, students will come up with their idea to help protect biodiversity and come up with a pitch to create an organization, gather funding, or get support for their idea.
It is recommended that students form groups and select the theme media that they are most interested in. They will be using the same theme media/groups throughout the unit. It’s important that students understand that group work and collaboration is important and to learn the skills and patience in working with those you would not normally work with.
For the student side of Nature Labs, please have them visit the Student Portal for Science.
- Science Lesson One: Brainstorming
- Science Lesson Two: Food Chains & Carrying Capacity
- Science Lesson Three: Reproduction and Genetics
- Science Lesson Four: Natural Selection and Extinction
- Science Lesson Five: Critiquing
- Science Lesson Six: Pitch Creation
- Science Lesson Seven: Identifying Bias
- Science Lesson Eight: BioBlitz
- Science Lesson Nine: Peer Evaluation
- Science Lesson Ten: Failure & Refining
- Science Lesson Eleven: This Unit & Your Future
- Science Lesson Twelve: Pitch